We all know regular physical activity is part of maintaining a healthy lifestyle, and that philosophy also applies to our children.
According to the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention, children and adolescents should do at least 60 minutes of physical activity each day, yet only about a quarter of Australian children aged between 5 and 15 are achieving that amount of exercise.
An hour may sound like a lot but it’s actually only 4 percent of your day. It should also be an enjoyable experience for you and your children and a time to bond and establish positive routine and habits.
At Anarchy we think it’s really important to encourage kids to be active from a young age, here’s why:
- Regular activity aids in building and maintaining strong and healthy muscles, bones and joints.
- Research shows exercise promotes health and can prevent or delay the development of chronic diseases.
- Exercise combined with a balanced diet helps kids maintain a healthy body weight.
- Children who exercise are proven to have greater self-esteem and a better self-image.
- Exercise helps develop interpersonal skills, as kids need to communicate with coaches, trainers and teammates.
- Kids who exercise report fewer symptoms of anxiety and depression.
- Regular physical activity improves the quality of sleep.
- Research shows that exercise can enhance a child’s academic performance.
- Exercise develops and improves balance and motor coordination.
- Kids who exercise are more likely to maintain an exercise regime as an adult.
Anarchy Training Centre offers specially developed Kids Fitness classes that rock! We work on coordination, teamwork and overall fitness. The classes are $10 each and they’re run weekly on Tuesday and Thursday at 4.30pm.
You don’t have to book to come to the class, simply come along ready to have some fun! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0450 172 353 for more information.
Source: healthykids.nsw.gov.au, cdc.gov/physicalactivity/basics/children/